Most Orangewood models come with an optional pickguard. The pickguard is meant to protect the surface of your guitar from getting scratched by the pick. If your model comes with a pickguard, you’ll find it in the front pocket of your gig bag.
If you’d like to apply the pickguard, please follow these steps for proper input:
1. Using a clean cloth and a spray guitar cleaner (not water), clean off the surface under the guitar soundhole.
2. After drying, align the pickguard to map out where you’d like for it to go outside the soundhole rosette.
3. Once mapped, hold the pickguard in place with a couple pieces of masking tape — this will keep it from moving when you apply it to the guitar.
4. Peel off the adhesive backing of your pickguard, and slowly drop it into place. Double check for any alignment issues or final adjustments, and then press down firmly on your pickguard.
5. Remove the masking tape from your pickguard. All done — start strumming!
Note: Once you apply a pickguard to your guitar, it can’t be returned.