I want to give my thoughts on this guitar, and I hope that my experience with this guitar will encourage others to give orangewood a try.
1. This is the first time that I've played a guitar that was all solid wood, Torrified Spruce top, and premium construction for the price. So #1 is premium construction
2. Sonically, playing this guitar gave me chills. It has the tone of a guitar that is 30 years old or older. It has a lot of depth, but it brings out more Mid-range tone, so the guitar sounds very rich and full.
3. The action on the guitar is amazing. I have arthritis and carpel tunnel in both hands, and with the action being low, as well as having a very comfortable neck, this guitar is incredibly easy to play.
4. The Grover tuners are amazing as well. They turn very easy, and tuning is a breeze, and the guitar stays in tune very well.
Honestly I don't see a lot of things on this guitar to really complain about, however I'll give my thoughts on what this guitar features that's not exactly a con, as well as share a small cosmetic flaw.
1. I'm used to gloss bodied guitars. The gloss makes the guitar look nicer, plus I feel it gives added protection to the wood, but I'm a fan of a satin finish neck. Having an all satin finished guitar, feels quite difference to me, so it's something I'll need to get used to.
2. There is a small cosmetic flaw on the creme binding going around the headstock, where the binding wasn't sanded to completely be flush with the wood, and there is a tiny piece of flash as a result. Not a big deal though.
This is a great guitar for the money. I decided to see what the hype was about with orangewood guitars and I'm glad I made this purchase, despite the cons I stated above. I think orangewood will continue on improving their guitars in terms of Quality Control, as well as listening to customer feedback to improve their guitars as well as expanding tonewood selection.
I recommend the Orangewood Hudson. Great guitar for the price point.
The quality sound and looks of the Hudson guitar is a stand out. No other guitar at the price range can compare.
This is my first Orangewood and so far has lived up to the hype! Plays great and is beautiful
This is my third Orangewood guitar. I gave the first two to my grandsons who both want to play and are at a good age to be diligent about it. These guitars give these two boys quality with great sound. I hope they stay with it.